Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jack has eaten too many treats this Halloween.


Materials: paper - My Mind's Eye, Making Memories and Bazzil cardstock; stamps - Inkadinkado; ink - Distress Inks by Ranger; alphabet dies - Quickutz; StitchZ templates by Bazzil; & shipping tags.

Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I love Halloween. I think I may even love it more than Christmas since this is often the time I hold dinner party's and make and eat too many treats. My husband John is the family pumpkin carver and he does a pretty fine job. This year I actually carved one too. Mine is the weird mottled pumpkin and his the one puking up his innards.

This is my first layout using the StitchZ template. I love the goulish nature of the stitches and I believe my students liked the new tool (or at least the end result). I was able to add dimension to the haunted house by cutting the shape out of fun foam and applying the patterned paper piece on top. Once again I have used my ink blending technique to get that eerie Halloween vibe. This technique is definately a student favourite.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! My kids saw this and cracked up...well...O.K., the boys did! What is it with boys and bodily functions? SO GROSS!!!

    ReplyDelete